MEDICAL & HEALTH TRAVEL
You choose your medical service and let us handle the rest!
Turkey as a New Healthcare Haven
With the cooperation of excellent hospitals and hotels, DestinationTurkey offers health and medical travel services, ranging from aesthetic procedures to major medical operations.
Turkey has gone through a comprehensive healthcare restructuring in the past decade. The healthcare services have scaled up to the levels of internationally acclaimed health and medical centers across the globe. Turkey has even surpassed globally renowned destinations in certain areas (ophthalmology, oncology, cardiology to name a few).
We provide guidance on Turkish healthcare facilities and wellness resorts (including thermal resorts), get you in contact with the responsible doctors, schedule your procedure, and organize your transfers, accommodation and other travel services of your wish depending on your schedule.
We offer some of the medical and wellness products and as package programs including all transfers between your accommodation and to the healthcare center, and appropriately selected good quality accommodation in close proximity to your healthcare center.
Destination Management Turkey follows a very serious code of ethics in its Health & Medical Travel department. We cooperate only with carefully selected, skilled and experienced clinics, hospitals and health centers. We honor the folllowing criteria when accepting any institution into our inventory:
- The institutions, doctors, surgeons and nurses must be accredited by the Turkish Ministry of Health. For other value added services, the institution must be accredited by the respective ministry.
- The institution, doctor or surgeon must pass a certain background evaluation, which may include true patient testimonies, peer reviews, accreditation by health organizations or other credible institutions, and a strong track record.
- The cost of the operations, treatments, and post-op care must be at fair value. Those that charge more must provide plausible value added services or level of experience. Those that charge less must disclose exactly what is not included. Institutions which market their services with hidden costs are automatically eliminated.
- The hospital/clinic where operations/treatments are performed must be visited by our staff for inspection on general hygene and quality.
DMT offers guidance to medical travellers on the choice of facilities for their treatment and accomodations in Turkey. We get the patients into direct contact with the medical professionals. Some of the areas that we offer travel assistance:
Anadolu Saglik Merkezi, in association with Johns Hopkins Medicine; one of the finest medical establishments in Turkey
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Dental Services
- Plastic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery
Destination Turizm A.S. is proudly affiliated with the Turkish Healthcare Travel Council: (http://www.turkishhealthcaretravelcouncil.org/)
Nasal surgeries, ranging from shaping the cartilageous tissue to fixing the nasal ridge
Prices starting from 3149 USD
Removal of excess skin. Especially after a major weight loss, the skin becomes floppy and wrinkly.
Prices starting from 2859 USD
Skin tightening procedures for those who don’t want to age.
Prices starting from 5569 USD
Excess fat removal.
Prices starting from:
1 Area: 2849 USD
2 Areas: 4189 USD
3 Areas: 5569 USD
4 Areas: 6999 USD
Changes in breast look and feel.
Prices starting from:
Augmentation: 4189 USD
Lifting: 4189 USD
Reduction: 4879 USD
Smaller cosmetic procedures.
Prices starting from:
Lip Filling: 849 USD
Facial Filling: 849 USD
Botox: 459 USD
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the latest technology regarding hair transplantations. This technique is painless, leaves no marks, does not affect your daily life and has a very short recovery time. This technique is also used for beard, mustache and eye brow transplantations!
- The FUE technique allows hair transplant from appropriate donor areas.
- FUE is considered as a non-surgical operation.
- No strip marks on the back of your neck with FUE.
- No numbness around donor area post-operation.
- Fast recovery.
- Natural and fuller look.
Our hair transplantation packages include both hotel and transfers for the convenience of our guests. You only need to book for the flights!
For our termal packages, please visit the PACKAGE PROGRAMS section.
Anatolia, stretching over a mesh of seismic faults and a rich underground volcanic activity, has since antiquity been a popular wellness destination for water therapy. Many ancient sites and the great wellness facilities built by the Romans just for the purpose of treating the sick from around the Empire, such as Hierapolis (Pamukkale) which is a World Heritage Site today, are testimony of that.
Turkey has at least 34 Thermal Tourism Centers in 17 Provinces. 1300 thermal springs throughout Anatolia, with 190 thermal resorts in 46 cities. Most of these centers have high quality, clean, hygenic facilities that provide the necessary comfort to go hand-in-hand with the process of physical and psychologic healing. Some of these thermal centers are:
- Bursa: First capital of the Ottoman Empire, rich with authentic hammams to complete the wellness experience.
- Yalova: Once a province of Istanbul, now an independent province, Yalova is the closest thermal center to the big metropolis.
- Denizli (Hierapolis): One of the most ancient wellness sites in Turkey.
- Afyon: A pristine thermal experience that yet awaits to be fully discovered.
- Kangal: Famous hot springs with natural species endemic to these springs, famous for its role in the treatment of psoriasis.
Whether it be for post-op recovery or plain relaxation, Turkey offers tranquil environments with the beauty of the Mediterranean fauna. Kaz Mountains (Mount Ida) in Western Anatolia, in the vicinity of the ancient city of Troy, offers a great relaxation experience in the midst of the redpine trees adorning the mountains.
Beach resorts of Turkey also offer great Spa facilities, most of which use seawater as a form of treatment rather than the hot spring waters. These resorts offer the typical summer vacation experience, as well as provide the Spa treatment sought after.
Spa Resort Recommendations
Here are some of the spa resorts in Turkey we like to recommend to our guests:
- Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa / Sarigerme
- Crystal Palace Luxury Resort & Spa / Side
- Hillside Beach Club / Fethiye
- Gural Sapanca Hotel / Sapanca
- Gural Afyon Hotel / Afyon
- Kempinski Hotel Barbaros Bay / Bodrum
- Sumahan On The Water / Istanbul
- Barut Akra / Antaya
- Gazelle Resort & Spa / Bolu
- Crowne Plaza Bursa / Bursa
- Kervansaray Bursa / Bursa
- Raffles Hotel at Zorlu Center / Istanbul
- Wyndham Grand Levent / Istanbul
(List updated as of 17.11.2015)
We work with Turkish Spastic Childrens’ Foundation, with regards to the long-term accommodations, transfers and other land arrangement families at special hotels within close proximity to the Metin Sabanci Center, in special wheelchair accessible hotels and vehicles with at least one specialized nurse supervising the children.
The Foundation, since its establishment, has provided support and solutions to 15.000 children and their families in cooperation with experts in this field. Today, in the light of new perspectives and approaches, they continue to give support and offer solutions to thousands of children and their families.
The scope of solutions and precautions, treated within the framework of the Foundation’s reason of existence, are expanding with new educational institutions, international studies and worldwide participation. Following the Foundation’s goals, they continue our activities and carry out our plans with a total staff of 70 who are experts in their respective areas.
Currently, the facilities under which the TSCF/TSCV operates, Metin Sabanci Center, with a floorplan spread onto a stunning 14,900 m², is the largest facility of its kind currently operational in Europe and attracts families from all around the world, looking for long-term educational and therapeutic services.