When you arrive at the port of Antalya, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your private vehicle. First, we quickly stop by at the Lycian Tombs of Myra, carved onto the side of a steep hillside, predating even the Hellenistic periods. We will then be visiting the town of Demre, which was the birthplace of St. Nicholas, who is the inspiration behind the modern image of Santa Claus. There is a church built there in his name, the Church of St. Nicholas, which we will also visit shortly.
Afterwards, we move onto the Simena peninsula, home of the Sunken City of Dolchiste, which sank after major earthquakes in the region and completely abandoned after the Byzantines due to Arab incursions. From there, we will catch a boat to Kekova Island where we will have the chance to go into the warm waters of the Mediterraean. Bringing a snorkel is encouraged!
After all the visits, we will return to the port of Antalya.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Antalya
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees at the sites mentioned
- Lunch at a local Turkish restaurant
- Participants must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and steps, continually standing up and walking up and down. Sunblock is recommended.
- Bringing a swimsuit, diver’s mask and a snorkel is highly recommended, although swimming is not compulsory in the Kekova Island.
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-7 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.