After meeting your driver and licensed guide, we will drive along the old city walls on our way to the heart of Constantinople.
Your private tour of Istanbul begins with a visit to the Hippodrome, which was one of the largest chariot race grounds of the Byzantine Empire. Next, we will walk to one of the great buildings of the world: Hagia Sophia, the Church of the Divine Wisdom. It was built during Emperor Justinian reign (AD 537) and it remained the greatest church in Christendom until the conquest of Constantinople in 1453 by Sultan Mehmet II.
Then, we will visit the Basilica Cistern (Underground Cistern), a giant reservoir built by Justinian in the 6th century to bring water to the city to be used in the palaces. It is 70 meters wide and 140 meters long, with a capacity of 80,000 cubic meters of water. It has 336 beautiful columns that support the cistern, two of which are carved with the head of Medusa on the plinth.
Finally, we will head towards the Grand Bazaar, the largest and the oldest covered market place in the world with more than 4,000 shops in the labyrinth of streets. Enjoy the colorful array of shops that offer an endless selection of goods that includes jewelry, fabrics, spices and local handicrafts.
After all the visits, we will return back to the port of Istanbul.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Istanbul
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees at the sites mentioned
- If you wish to exchange the Grand Bazaar visit with the Spice Bazaar (Egytian Bazaar) instead, please voice your request to your guide at the beginning of the tour.
- We will be stopping for lunch during the tour. However, lunch is not included in the price and the guests are free to choose on site.
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-7 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.