When you arrive at the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your private vehicle. From there, you travel north towards Ephesus, passing the Byzantine Fortress at Selcuk, the ruins of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient World, and St. John’s Basilica. We will enter the magnificent city through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. The route will take you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. Your guide will tell you about the architectural importance of these sites, as well as historical Roman events that took place there. The Theater had seating for 25,000, was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival. We will then visit the Terrace Houses, located on top of the hill within the ancient city of Ephesus. They have a fantastic view of the entire city of Ephesus, and were once inhabited by the most wealthy of the residents of the city.
After all the visits, we will return to the port of Kusadasi.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Kusadasi
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees to various sites.
- Participants must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and steps, continually standing up and walking up and down. Sunblock is recommended.
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-7 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.