When you arrive in the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your private vehicle. From Kusadasi, we drive to Sardis, the capital of the ancient state of Lydia. The most important architectural works that were discovered in the city were the ancient Synagogue, standing as a monument to the old and rich Jewish heritage of Anatolia, and the Gymnasium.
After lunch, we proceed to Izmir (Smyrna), visit Kadifekale Castle on Mt. Pagos; the impressive ruins of the castle and its walls. Then we continue to Agora, or the market place, which was built during the time of Alexander the Great. Following the Agora, we visit the Archaeological Museum, which is close to Konak Square, with its marvelous collection of antiquities. Finally, we visit Kemeralti Market, a fascinating public market place that truly captures the essence of Izmir.
After all the visits, we will return to the port of Kusadasi.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Kusadasi
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees at the sites mentioned
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Visiting participants must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and steps, continually standing up and walking up and down. Sunblock is recommended.
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-7 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.