When you arrive at the port of Kusadasi, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your private vehicle. From there, you travel north towards the town of Seljuk (Selçuk), passing the Byzantine Fortress. We will immediatelly start our tour by visiting the Isabey Mosque, a traditional piece of architecture and one of the oldest and most impressive works of architectural art remaining from the Anatolian beyliks era; the intermediary era between the Seljuk Sultanate and the Ottoman Empire.
We will follow the day with a visit to the Seven Sleepers Cave; a cave where according to legend seven young Christian souls hid during the times of the Roman emperor Decius to escape the persecution of early Christians in 250 AD, only to wake up 180 years later, when the city of Ephesus has already become Christianized.
After lunch, we will visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient World; or rather, what remains of it, as it was destroyed by multiple earthquakes and the remaining materials salvaged for use in other Byzantine structures, as far away as Constantinople.
The day will end with a visit to the Ephesus Museum, which is rich in its dislay of items recovered during excavations of this ancient settlement.
After all the visits, we will return to the port of Kusadasi.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Kusadasi
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees at the sites mentioned
- Lunch at a local Turkish restaurant.
- Participants must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and steps, continually standing up and walking up and down. Sunblock is recommended.
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-7 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.