When you arrive in the port of Izmir, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your private vehicle. We will then start our tour of Izmir, or by its ancient name, Smyrna. The city is one of the three large metropolises in Anatolia.
We will visit the Kemeralti Market and wander through the Ancient Agora. We will see the ruins of Alexander the Great’s castle, and explore the Archaeological Museum and Ethnographic Museum of Izmir, displaying some of the rarest Greek and Roman artifacts.
Next stop will be at the symbol part of the city called Kordon, with its fascinating view. After a short coffee break, we will proceed to the Elevator, which is the old water operated elevator system, which has been replaced by an electrical version in 1985 by the Izmir Municipality, but is still one of the principal landmarks of Izmir.
After all the visits, we will return to the port of Izmir.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Izmir
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees at the sites mentioned
- Visiting participants must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, inclines and steps, continually standing up and walking up and down. Sunblock is recommended.
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-7 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.