When you arrive in the port of Kepez/Canakkale, your private guide will be waiting to lead you to your luxury vehicle. The tour will start with Hisarlik Hill, the site of the ancient city of Troy, where you will learn about the mythology surrounding the city; the Trojan Horse, which was recently renovated and replaced with the version used in the 2004 blockbuster movie of the same name; as well as the history and discoveries of the archeological excavations initiated by the famous archeologist Heinrich Schliemann in 1870’s.
In Troy, nine cities have been discovered, built one on top of the other dating back to 3500 B.C. The most important highlight of the site is the Trojan Horse and the most important character you will learn about is the Helen of Troy. You will also have plenty of information on the Trojan Wars most importantly the battle between Archilles and Paris, as well as the sacrificial Altars and the 3700 years old city walls. Houses of Troy I, (3000 B.C. – 2500 B.C.) The Bouleterium (Senate Building), The Odeon (Concert Hall), the famous Trojan Horse and Legendary Troy are some of the sites that we will explore. All information about Troy today basically derives from a book called “Illiada” written by Homer around the 6th century BC.
The tour will continue with a short drive to the Archeological Museum where you will have the chance to see the foundings of Troy displayed in accordance with their period and extended history of the region. After the tour is over, we will make a quick stop at a location where we will transfer you back to the port of Kepez/Canakkale to rendezvous with your cruise.
Inclusions & Remarks
- Pick-up & drop-off at the port of Canakkale/Kepez
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking private vehicle
- Fully escorted by a professional tour guide
- Entrance fees to various sites
- Tour guide is English-speaking by default. If it is demanded, other languages are available for private groups or individual arrangements. Other language guides may cost extra.
- Children 0-6 are free.
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.