The Hodjapasha Culture Center is located at the center of the historical peninsula, converted from a 550 years old historical Turkish Bath of the same name in 2008. It was originally built by Hoca Sinan Pasha, the teacher and vizier to Mehmet the Conqueror during 1470’s. The Whirling Dervishes, Sufi clerics of a mystical Anatolian tradition, are known for their famous spiritual dancing ceremonies called Sema. The program starts with a classical Turkish music concert performed by a traditional orchestra for 15 minutes, after which the ceremony starts and lasts about 45 minutes. The show is frequented by Hollywood stars visiting Istanbul.
Program starts at 19:00. Winter season availabilities are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Summer season availabilities are everyday except for Monday and Friday. Transfers to/from the site are included. Dinner is not available.
Highlights & Notes
- Whirling Dervishes (Sema) Show
- Please confirm the days in which the above locations/sights are open before making a booking for that particular day.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 15 minutes from your departure time.
- Tours include A/C transportation, guidance in multiple languages, entrance fees and mentioned meals/drinks.
- For the “Half Day Bosphorus Tour”, “Full Day Princes’ Islands” and “Bosphorus Dinner Cruise” tours, only transfers to/from the embarkation pier by car are private; cruise boats are mixed.
- Regular tours include only hotel pick-up. Private tours include both hotel pick-up and drop-off.